AceGallery : A simple gallery / photo album component for asp.net
AceGallery is a easy to use, file based, low cost, photo album component / control.
To use it, simply drag and drop the component from the toolbox, give the input directory
path, specify some basic properties and you are good to go!
|Welcome To AceComponents.net
Version 2.5 is here! Now Only $9.99. See details below.This is a demo of AceGallery ASP.NET Control.
Click on any thumbnail to view preview image. See a more detailed demo in the demo page.
Use AceGallery for FREE Click here for more details.
Key features of acegallery component
- No need to store information in xml files or database.
- No need to handle
any server side events or call methods.
- Automatically creates thumbnails and
preview images for all jpg files in the target directory.
- Also scans subdirectories and displays folder thumbnails. When these are clicked,
the control navigates to the subdirectory.
- Automatically detects new files created.
Supports JPG, GIF, TIFF and BMP formats. Can be filtered out based on extension.
Designer support gives instant feedback when styles and layout are changed (when
using external / custom CSS files only).
- Output JPEG quality can be changed
to save bandwidth.
time and trouble.
- Ability to control the link to the original image.
Option for creating thumbnails for every page load.
- 4 different layout types
in addition to thumbnail only view.
- Selectable thumbnail column count, items
per page and paging support.
- Configurable Gallery title, description etc.
Show hide filenames below thumbnails. New option for showing only the Filename (not
- Styling is completely CSS based for maximum control.
- Includes 18 built-in styles that saves even more time during development. See online
demo for a preview.
- Tested in Internet Explorer 6+, Firefox 2 and Safari. Cross
browser compatibility is only limited by CSS you use.
- Since the complete output
- Rewritten in C#. With v2.5, running the component locally will not slow it down.
It does not create watermarks when running on localhost.
why use acegallery?
- AceGallery can be used in any ASP.NET 2.0, or higher, website where you need to
show multiple images on a limited space.
- Possible uses include, but not limited to, Real Estate, Medical, Scientific, Fashion,
Sports, E-commerce etc. websites.
- Even if you are a seasoned ASP.NET developer, using AceGallery can save you lot
of time developing a project that needs a Gallery feature, therefore justifying
its cost. As a developer you can focus on other important aspects of the project.
- Low cost, starts from $39.99
Now Only $9.99! Does not require developer
- Attn old customers: If you had bought version 1.0, upgrade for FREE. Just
replace the old dll with the new one (might require a code change).
- Use AceGallery for Free :
Click here for more details.
Requirements and Limitations.
In order to keep things simple and keep the cost down, there are some limitations
of this component as listed below. We will try to overcome these limitations in
the future versions but that is not guaranteed.
- This component will only work on Visual Studio 2005, 2008 and 2010 and ASP.NET 2.0,
3.0, 3.5 Or 4.0
- If original image file is deleted, after the control has been created, the thumbnails
and preview image for that file is not deleted. This is something that the site
admin has to do.
- Sufficient permissions are required on the target directory
for creating and modifying files.
- The AceGallery control should be placed inside
a server side Form tag if postback is required.
- There should be at least one
control be placed inside that Form tag.
- For best results, use images that are
either the same size or have the same orientation (Portrait / Landscape). This is
not a requirement, just a recommendation.